Below are the terms and conditions for renting an instrument from the Strings Instrument Company.
- Payment: Hireage is to be paid at time of rental. Late renewal payments will incur extra charges. Refunds are subject to administration and usage fees and are at the discretion of The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd.
- Inspection: The renter acknowledges that he/she is satisfied that the instrument is suitable for the purposes intended by him/her, and he/she is responsible for inspecting the instrument before hire commences. The Stringed Instrument Co Ltd does not represent that the instrument is new stock or equal to new but that the instrument shall be in good condition and fit for normal use.
- Change of instrument: Renters may change instrument size within the same price group at any time for no extra charge (e.g. change a ½ size violin to a ¾ size violin). To upgrade to deluxe, the difference for the whole hire period (e.g. 3 months, 1 year, must be paid).
- Condition: The instrument and accessories are to be kept in good working order and condition during the rental period by the renter, subject to fair wear and tear. The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd reserves the right to cancel the agreement should the instrument show signs of neglect or abuse. The renter hereby agrees to indemnify The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd for making good of any damage caused by abuse or neglect.
The instrument must remain in New Zealand at all times.
- Damage: In the event of damage, and repairs being required, The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd will repair the instrument and the renter agrees to pay for these repairs. The renter agrees that repairs will not be done other than by The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd except with the express permission of The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd. Unauthorised repairs which need to be made good will be at the cost of the renter.
- Strings and Bow Hair: Damage is not covered by fair wear and tear and is the liability of the renter. Any exceptions to this rule are at the complete discretion of The Stringed Instrument Co Ltd
- Insurance: The hire outfit is not separately insured by The Stringed Instrument Co Ltd. The Stringed Instrument Co Ltd recommends that the renter insures the items under their own house and contents policy and has them specified for all risks. The renter agrees to indemnify The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd for the replacement value of the hire outfit (as itemised on page one of the hire form) should the instrument be lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair. If, in loss or damage to the hire outfit, the insurance company applies depreciation and reimburses not the full replacement value, the hirer will be obligated to pay the remaining cost of replacing the hire outfit to The Stringed Instrument Co Ltd.
- Change of Address: The renter must advise The Stringed Instrument Co Ltd of any change in address and phone number. Any late penalties arising from renewal notices not being received as a result of not informing us of an address change will be required to be paid by the hirer.
- Return: The instrument and all accessories must be returned to The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd at the address shown at the top of this form. All monies due under this agreement must be paid up to and including date of return. Returns after the due date are subject to a daily rental charge of $1.00 per day for violins and violas, and $2.00 per day for cellos, up to and including the day of return. Any accessories not returned with the instrument will be charged for.
- Renewal: Towards the end of the hire period The Stringed Instrument Co Ltd will send the renter a reminder of renewal notice by postal mail stating the hire fee for the next three/twelve month period and the due date of the next payment. If the renter wishes to continue hiring the instrument, the renter will arrange payment at the stated rate (by cheque, cash, eftpos or credit card) on or before the due date. If the renter does not wish to continue hiring, the instrument must be returned on or before the due date. Please take all reasonable steps to ensure you observe the hire period renewal dates, as mail is sometimes not delivered.
- Late penalty fee: If the renter is late making payment, there will be a late penalty fee in addition to the hire fee that is due. If, after 30 days following the renewal date the renter has still not paid or returned the instrument, the renter will be charged additional late penalty fees for every day up to and including the day the rental is renewed or the instrument returned.
- Default and repossession: If the renter is in default under any clause in this agreement then the renter will immediately advise The Stringed Instrument Co Ltd, if requested, of the whereabouts of the instrument. The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd and/or its agents may without notice or demand forthwith take possession of the instrument, case and any other items affixed to or contained in the instrument or case and give The Stringed Instrument Co Ltd, their employees and/or agents, permission (which may not be revoked) to remove the instrument from any site and to enter any premises where the instrument may be.
- Indemnity: The renter agrees to indemnify The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd against all costs, whether commissions, legal fees or otherwise, incurred by The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd or their duly authorised agent from time to time pursuant to the terms of this agreement.
- Privacy Act: The renter authorises any person or company to provide The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd with any such personal information as may be required, relating to the recovery of any monies, goods or services that may be outstanding, or in response to credit enquiries; and to authorize The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd to furnish to any third party details of this agreement and any subsequent dealing that the renter may have as a result of this agreement being actioned by The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd.
- Property: The instrument and accessories remain the sole property of The Stringed Instrument Company Ltd and there is no option to purchase the listed items.
- This agreement is personal to the renter and may not be assigned to others, and the renter must not sub-let the instrument to any party.
- Change of Terms and Conditions: From time to time, The Stringed Instrument Co Ltd may need to amend and update these terms and conditions. The Stringed Instrument Co Ltd will publish the amended document on their website, and make all reasonable attempts to contact you, via email or with your next renewal notice. These changes will take effect 14 days from the date of notification.